Is Hitbtc's NEO hacked? I lost $6K money

edited February 10 in The rest currencies
Issue: when sending NEO to Hitbtc account, the money somehow disappear.

I sent 62 NEO from Binance to my Hitbtc account wallet and looking at neoscan.io I can see it took around 1 minute for the funds to arrive, but then I see that somehow the funds were immediately MOVED to some OTHER wallet (NOT mine).

16 hours passed but of course my account still doesn't see these funds (because Hitbtc wallet I sent it to is already EMPTY) and the money just disappeared. I wrote to support 13 hours ago and nothing.

I'm wondering if Hitbtc was hacked in some way that the funds are going to third-party accounts? What is happening?!

Comments

• The account my money went to is AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg
    It looks this account has LOTS of Neo. Is this Hitbtc's account? Then why my money went there and how can I get it back?
    Or is it hacker's account?

Does someone know what's going on?!
  • yeah, good luck with that.
    have u checked this forum? hundreds of people ( if not thousands by now) are waiting for "lost" deposits
  • same here. i sent neo from wallet to hitbtc didnt recieve anything...
  • Me too with STARBASE... sent only 10 coins, ZERO on my account in HITBTC... after 1 hour my 10 coins go to another account?! FIRST and LAST use of HITBTC! Pure shit!
  • Me too. Send 10 neo's from my wallet to hitbtc wallet and they haven't apperead yet.
  • sent 5 coins....and my coins were moved to the same address....it has 45000 neo in it....im hoping thats hitbtc's actual neo wallet and maybe eventually I get my money :(
  • alt1 said:

I sent 62 NEO from Binance to my Hitbtc account wallet and looking at neoscan.io I can see it took around 1 minute for the funds to arrive, but then I see that somehow the funds were immediately MOVED to some OTHER wallet (NOT mine).

16 hours passed but of course my account still doesn't see these funds (because Hitbtc wallet I sent it to is already EMPTY) and the money just disappeared. I wrote to support 13 hours ago and nothing.

I'm wondering if Hitbtc was hacked in some way that the funds are going to third-party accounts? What is happening?!

Same problem here! I sent NEO from Binance and according to https://neoscan.io/ it arrived to my wallet's address, but I could not see it in my wallet. Several minutes later the money went to AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg.
    I contacted HitBTC support but they did not answered.
  • radionix said:

alt1 said:

Same problem here! I sent NEO from Binance and according to https://neoscan.io/ it arrived to my wallet's address, but I could not see it in my wallet. Several minutes later the money went to AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg.
    I contacted HitBTC support but they did not answered.
    I just checked my neo also went from my hitbtc neo wallet to AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg
  • Same problem. Transfered from bianace and it was successful. NEO never showed on hitbtc. 2 hours later somehow my neo got transferred to the AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg

Are they hacked?????? That account has 42,938 neos and growing. I am really hoping that account belongs to hitbtc and they are somehow having trouble transferring to our accounts and it is just a holder while they are fixing things.

Do they read these posts? I sent a request but their form does not have a neo currency selector. I had to select BTC for sending the request on their support site.
  • Dont think they read here. The forum is full of spam. You can check status here:
    https://hitbtc.com/system-health

I couldn't select neo either.
  • Just had the same problem and trying to submit a support ticket is nearly impossible. NEO sent to same address: AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg

Is HitBTC responding? Is this their account? Where is our NEO?
  • Just had the same problem and trying to submit a support ticket is nearly impossible. NEO sent to same address: AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg

Is HitBTC responding? Is this their account? Where is our NEO?

same story here. No info from hitbtc whatsover...
  • it's under investigation now. maybe we get our neo soon..
  • it's under investigation now. maybe we get our neo soon..

what do you mean its under investigation now?
  • The wallet "Maintenance status" for NEO is "Investigating". You can see it here: https://hitbtc.com/system-health
    I don't know why it take so much time. I am afraid the problem is not easy. Hopefully they have our NEOs.

Has someone received any response from the support yet?

I did not get any answer and I this is unacceptable. When I had problem with a long withdrawal time on Huobi.pro (back then 45 minutes seemed long to me) they responded right away.
  • edited February 12
    No response from support so far. As in crypto world every minute is crucial this is totally unacceptable...
  • In another thread support repsonded but nothing new. There is an ongoing operation and that we have to wait (no time).
  • edited February 12

In another thread support repsonded but nothing new. There is an ongoing operation and that we have to wait (no time).

Could you insert the link to that thread? (I was trying to find it but without success)
  • Update from topic starter:
    No, I still haven't got my money back and I did this transfer on Feb 9, 67 hours ago. I never received ANY reply from support.

I have no idea what it means "under investigation", and I have no idea if we ever get our money, the service and communication are nonexistent...
    If we don't get our money we surely have grounds for a legal action, so to everyone who lost their money: IF they ever close this topic here and we still don't compensated let's keep each other updated for example on reddit.
  • As i see neo wallet still offline and it still under "investigating" tag...
  • I sent them another email, this time asking only whether AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg belongs to hitBTC or not, but not response to this email either.
  • i withdraw from hitbtc to another exchange and it stuck it's been more than 5 hours its still processing..!
  • edited February 14
    UPD: still nothing and no reply. I trusted these people with my money. I paid all their commissions and fees contributing to the platform's success. Now I don't have access to my own money (which I need), but what's worse they ignore my requests for help. Just like nothing happened.
  • Any idea how to make a support ticket? There is no NEO currency in a "Submit a request" form...
  • Guys, i think were are fucked:

"AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg - it is not HitBTC address.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if we can be of any other assistance.

Kind regards,

Nadine Alexandre
    HitBTC Support team"

It looks like hitbtc was hacked. How else we can explain this neo forwarding from personal hitbtc neo wallet to AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg address?
  • Guys, i think were are fucked:

"AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg - it is not HitBTC address.

Kind regards,

Nadine Alexandre
    HitBTC Support team"

It looks like hitbtc was hacked. How else we can explain this neo forwarding from personal hitbtc neo wallet to AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg address?

Is this all they wrote? Just telling you that this is not a hitBTC address and asking cynically if they can be of any other assistance? Does it mean we lost our money but they keep the service as if nothing happened?
  • This is our entire conversation via email. The oldest messages are in the end.

Dear Nadine,

You should check this thread on hitbtc support forum https://forum.hitbtc.com/discussion/30521/is-hitbtcs-neo-hacked-i-lost-6k-money

People are having the same problem like me.

Best regards,
    Tomas

Dear Nadine,

I haven't made any more transactions just one - when i sent my 10 neo from my personal wallet to my hitbtc account neo wallet. I don't know who made the second transaction, but you should investigate and find where my neo went. You can see both transactions here https://neoscan.io/address/AN3Cwt8QB9yjH56vt1w1ywCeryV9yh2UEr

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Nadine Alexandre (HitBTC) wrote:
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Nadine Alexandre (HitBTC)

Feb 15, 10:14 WET

AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg - it is not HitBTC address.

Kind regards,

Nadine Alexandre
    HitBTC Support team

Tomas Stankevicius

Feb 15, 10:07 WET

Dear Nadine,

I see that my neo from my hitbtc address was sent to another address - AGbeKdx5AF2RdhQDiF5PxnWXvj3txcUWEg, transaction ID - 8ddf5f275c04d36ac9697daa8392726f8adcc1029c6871324d448d697cb50043.

Is that hitbtc neo wallet address? I see over 40k of neo in that wallet.

Let me know.

Best regards,
    Tomas

Nadine Alexandre (HitBTC)

Feb 15, 09:58 WET

Dear Trader,

Thank you for reaching out!

This is true, that NEO is temporarily unavailable for deposits and withdrawals due to ongoing technical maintenance. We kindly ask you to accept our apologies for any inconveniences this situation caused. Unfortunately, it is hard to say an approximately time of resolution, but our engineers are doing their best to arrange a resolution as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your understanding and patience!

Kind regards,

Nadine Alexandre
    HitBTC Support team

Tomas Stankevicius

Feb 15, 09:55 WET

I made a transfer to hitbtc neo wallet adress AN3Cwt8QB9yjH56vt1w1ywCeryV9yh2UEr. Transaction ID - 7a9d864d393f1a561c0a58c854c85a4c7442c950bd296a3b613ce997704e872f

It has been more 5 days and i still can not see it on my balance in hitbtc.com
  • edited February 15
    Same problem, from 5 days ago, and till now I have not even received any answers via ticket or email.

(Ticket ID #232626.)